- To provide equal access for all children and families
- To increase school-readiness for all children entering kindergarten
- To create an integrated setting for children with special needs
- To access additional state funding for our district
4K at St. John Lutheran School
St. John's 4K Program is sponsored through the Berlin Area School District. St. John Lutheran School is one of the sites where families can take advantage of this state-funded program.
What the Research Says
- Children who go to preschool are more likely to become good readers in elementary school. Preschool kids get ready to read.
- Children who go to preschool are less likely to be placed in special education or held back a grade. Preschool kids get ready to learn.
- Children who go to preschool are more likely to graduate from high school and attend college.
- Children who go to preschool are less likely to need public assistance as adults.